The goal of SHIFT is to achieve strong positive impact and reach through comprehensive and effective training programs. Specifically, SHIFT:
- Educates individuals and teams and improves their ability to prevent and mitigate negative effects associated with chronic exposure to child sexual exploitation and abuse materials
- Trains mental health professionals on child sexual exploitation and abuse, its effects, vicarious trauma (VT) and proven effective treatment methods.
- Trains mental health professionals and law enforcement trainers to conduct regional and local SHIFT training.
- Conducts training of advanced topics for exposed individuals live at conferences and via web based education.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Forensic analysts
- Court workers
- Social workers
- Nature & Scope of Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Materials and Offender Networks
- Physiological Effects and Symptoms of Chronic Exposure to Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Materials
- Factors Contributing to Negative Effects
- Self-Care Techniques
- Family, Friends and Spousal Support
- Integrating Mental Health Professionals working with Law Enforcement
Train -the - Trainer
- Are a mental health professional with six months of field experience in successfully counseling exposed individuals, or
- Are an exposed individual that has had exposure to child pornography for one year or more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Teams consisting of a mental health professional and an exposed individual desiring to teach regional PEP-EI and PEP-MHP workshops
- Participants must register/attend as a team (1 mental health professional + 1 exposed individual).
- Participants must have attended both SHIFT Trainings (PEP-EI & PEP-MHP). During those trainings you will be given a Tools Menu, from which you must implement at least 5 tools in your agency.
- Participants must have implemented SHIFT Tools in their unit in conjunction with a mental health professional.
- Participants must provide a letter from their team confirming what SHIFT Tools they have implemented and when.